Old November 25th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Marty

Default Evil Flu

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
Been skiing twice this season, once to A-Basin, once to Breckenridge.

A-Basin was the day Keystone opened -- I thought everyone would go to
Keystone, but I thought wrong. After standing through a half-hour
lift line at the bottom, I gave up and went home.

Breckenridge was actually amazing. The snow was indistinguishable from
good mid-season snow, and there were enough runs open, even though it
was only part of the peak, to not have that "I'm skiing down two runs
all day" feel. There was even a little bump run under Mercury lift,
and enough snow that some people were braving the trees here and there.

So this past weekend, I was going to ski Sunday, and then, as we don't
have family visiting, we were going to go to Breck today.

Saturday evening I started noticing a sore throat. By Sunday morning it
was clear I wasn't going anywhere. I'd hoped to feel better by today,
but no, I'm still somewhat feverish and weak as a kitten. (Today DH and
I went on a neighborhood walk, on which I found myself out of breath on
what might have been, maybe, a 2% grade sidewalk.)

We'd been planning to go skiing today for a few weeks, so there's
nothing even vaguely resembling the traditional Thanksgiving meal in
the house. Instead we'll be grilling brats. Maybe a new tradition?
I never did care much for turkey.

I really, really hope to be better by this weekend. Vail and Beaver
Creek have lifted Colorado Pass restrictions, so maybe there ... *

Copper was great on Turkey Day. Went to Breck today (Friday) to walk around
and shop. Slopes looked great. Took 6 home. A-Basin and Loveland were
VERY busy. Couldn't tell what was up at Keystone.

Hope you're feeling better.
--
Marty