Old February 21st 13, 07:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default How inconvenient is it...

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 20:06:55 +0000, PipL wrote:

...to stay in Tasch and ski Zermatt?

Do-able. The shuttle trains run every... well you can see the
timetable, I misremember, but 15, 20 mins or so. From Zermatt station
you get the elctric bus that stops just opposite and takes you to
Klein Matterhorn lift, which is now much faster and more direct than
it used to be. Or else just take the Gornergrat railway (different ski
area, but you know that and the map is quite clear) from the station
across the street, although that's a slow train up the hill.

And yes, I know there are probably better destinations; but for just a few
days, I think that would be enough.

I think you're right. Some first-class skiing, albeit a bit of a faff
to get around. We did the staying in Tasch one time, not perfect,
screws up the apres-ski, but perfectly OK provided you accept the fact
that it'll be a good hour from leaving your room until you're on the
slopes.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/