Old January 11th 04, 03:24 PM
Arne Aas

Default Advice needed on Burton Cascade and Nitro Shogun

"WeatherCam" wrote in message ...
ok have changed my
boots and bindings to Deeluxe Touring boots which have Dynafit lugs to use
90cm approach skis (we're touring in Narvik in April with Per As (swede) as
a guide) - and used these with flow bindings (bit heavy) but the setup was
very good, almost a hard boot setup - don't know what spring snow will be
like but the board was very good!

Thanks for your advice. I am very interested in your touring setup, I
have been considering almost the same. Today I have K2 Approach Skis
with Clicker bindings. It works really well, but the K2 Clicker boots
are not so well suited for back country, as they are not waterproof.
Thus I am considering getting some light weight and fairly soft
randonee boots, and mounting "plate bindings" (?) on my board and
DynaFit bindings on my Approach Skis.

How do you like riding with plastic boots instead of soft boots? Any
disadvantages? I don't do any freestyle so I don't really need the
soft boot mobility, but I guess too rigid boot will be a disadvantage
in powder.

Any reason for choosing Flow bindings over "plate bindings"?

I am going to Lyngen in the north of Norway for three weeks in
April/May, it is not far from Narvik. We're renting a house and doing
day trips in the mountains.

My experience with the fairly stiff Naturals is that it usually works
quite well, but in wet spring snow it tends to dig in. Consider
bringing a soft board as a backup.

Arne