Old August 17th 06, 09:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Stan Mullery

Default Recommendations For Somewhere A Bit Special

Rob,

1. Zermatt. Plenty of choice of suitable accomodation and great
views and mountain eating. Reservations needed at all the best
mountain restaurants. Long lunches in the sun.

Easy to get to as well. Fly to Geneva and then take the train. No
coach transfers.

2. 3V - Courchevel 1850. Again plenty of accomodation choice.

Best way there is the Eurostar Saturday train. Go Leisure Select and
you get breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Get off at Moutier 7
hours after leaving Waterloo. Private transfer to resort and no
hassles.

Stan

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:37:43 +0100, "Rob White"
wrote:

We have skiied regularly for the last 10 years, usually 2 -3 times a year
and have normally done so on a budget of about £700 to include travel, 1/2
board or chalet board accommodation and the lift pass. 19th March next year
will be our 30th wedding anniversary & I thought I'd splash out on somewhere
more upmarket and (obviously!) more expensive. In terms of resorts we will
go somewhere with a reasonable size ski area that is suitable for competent
skiers and so far I'm considering 3V, St Anton & Chamonix. Neither I nor
any of our ski friends know of any more expensive chalets, so any
suggestions would be welcome.

Rob