Old January 15th 04, 01:52 PM
MoonMan

Default Self-described Snowboard Whore Fired

Chuck wrote:
"MoonMan" wrote in
:

If she was in this country, UK, I suspect she would have a very good
case for unfair dismissal.
I don't see how writing a satirical article could be grounds for
dismissal unless there was a specific clause in her contract. However
as US employment law is very different I would have thought she
should have shown the ski school managment the article before
submitting it.

I don't think she was being satirical. I think she was projecting an
image that is considered cool amongst some of the snowboard crowd. An
attitude that doesn't fit many of the boarders I know and one they
would like to see disappear for good.

You didn't think the article was funny? That's sad

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk