Old March 17th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
shreddir

Default Birkebeiner-Rennet cancelled - wow

As I watched NRK between the coverage of the various World Cup events they
cut away to an interview with some old guy competitors at one of the
checkpoints on I guess part of the course that breaks out on an open
plateau. The wind was way brutal, the snow looked like it was sandpapering
everybody's faces, think storm scenes out of a movie like "Scott of the
Antarctic". All I got to say those master age groupers are tough! I
might be able to make a small video clip torrent if there's enough demand.
I'm going to have find it buried in my 5 hours of Holmenkollen recording
this morning.

"Eddy Rapid" wrote in message
oups.com...

Wow is right! Safety does come first obviously, especially when people
haven't signed up to an expedition-style adventure.

I'm thinking of doing the Birkebeiner-Rennet next year. I think of
all those people who put serious effort into training and then the
serious money going there from a far, for this to happen... I think of
RSN's Peter Hoffman...

I wonder how bad it really got.

Parham.

On Mar 17, 6:11 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
http://www.fasterskier.com/racing4176.html
--
JT