Old January 14th 05, 04:40 PM
Waco Paco

David Patnaude wrote:
I have a cheap iron that I am going to use for waxing. The temperature dial
is labeled with fabric types rather than actual degrees. What temperature
is a good one to use for waxing? I am mostly concerned about going too hot
and doing damage to the board.

Thanks,
Dave

The best thing to do is systematically go up in temperature until the
wax starts to melt. I think its the best thing to do because then you
know for sure you're not over heating. Just like the other posts, keep
the iron moving at all times. Also if you notice little black streaks
coming from the wax or iron, that means some of the wax is burning and
leaving carbon residue. So dial it back down a little.

Not only do you not want to burn your board, you don't want to burn your
wax either.

stu