Old December 7th 04, 07:52 PM
VtSkier

Dave M wrote:
uglymoney wrote:

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 13:07:42 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"

On 2004-12-07, lal_truckee penned:

snip

My body and head are not typically cold -- it's just my fingers and
toes.

I have the same problem, but my hands don't sweat unless I am hot, so
I don't have that problem with soaked gloves. Perhaps you have
hyperhidrosis? Maybe try using some anti-perspirant on your hands
before a ski day and see if that does not cut down a bit on the
sweating/resulting cold.

A lot of people with cold hands say they have Raynaud's disease. A
physician who claimed to have it and who I waterskied with a bit last
summer (and in the cold, cold spring weather) told me that they have a
drug that works to relieve the blood restriction caused by this
disorder.

If it is that, simple asprin will help (or so claims the M.D. wife who
also claims to suffer from Raynaud's) as will a shot of Irish Whiskey,
your choice.

Wouldn't a shot of good single malt Scotch do just as well?

Dave M.

Oddly, this physician (a shapely female of around 30 years)
had a thing for losing layers while skiing. She loves to ski naked.
Go figure.

On cold days I use some gloves from granite gear, reasonable, and warm
as hell. I've never had cold hands with these gloves.
http://www.granitegear.com/products/...ts/index.shtml

Other posters have their fav's.

Also avoid caffeine if you can. I can't.

Neither can I.

nate

I'm a firm advocate of keeping your body core warm and you'll have warm
hands. I have a pair of mid-weight BD skiing specific gloves, a pair of
leather racing gloves and a pair of Extra Large thinsulate, leather and
fabric, workman's gloves from the local hardware worn with a pair of
fleece liners. The latter are the warmest and have the advantage of
being able to keep the liners on when you remove the "shells". The
latter are also NOT waterproof as the leather are pretty good and the
BD's are goretex. Weather determines the gloves I wear.

VtSkier