Old April 4th 10, 09:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
lal_truckee

Default Ahhh Spring skiing

On 4/4/10 10:48 AM, Bob F wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

75 degrees at the top of Killington yesterday (Saturday).
Many bikini sightings. The views were wonderful. How I
like spring skiing.

Here in the Seattle area we just don't get that kind of spring skiing. The areas
close long before the temps get up that high.

I'm kind of surprised? Around Tahoe both Alpine and Squaw (and Mammoth
down the road) continue into May when the temps are high and the corn is
fabulous. You guys get copious dense snow like we do - why do ALL your
mountains close early?

Anyway, major dumpage around Tahoe all week, continuing. Winter
returned. Dam shame having to ski pow. grin grin grin

I'm bailing for a month in South East Asia in a couple of weeks, so
trying to cram in a few more slope days before. Although it looks like I
have to make an appearance at the Viet consulate in San Francisco in the AM.