Old April 4th 10, 08:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
VtSkier[_3_]

Default Ahhh Spring skiing

Bob F wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

75 degrees at the top of Killington yesterday (Saturday).
Many bikini sightings. The views were wonderful. How I
like spring skiing.

Here in the Seattle area we just don't get that kind of spring skiing. The areas
close long before the temps get up that high.

It's quite by accident that the temperature got this
high. In fact it's a record, IIRC by perhaps 13 degrees!
That's a lot.

We like what we call "sugar weather" for spring skiing.
Freeze overnight, sun bakes the snow for a couple of
hours in the morning and softens up to a nice consistency.

The freeze/thaw cycle creates 'corn snow' which is
really nice. For the last week and a half we have not
gotten the freeze part of the cycle and the hill is
pretty slushy. If you can push it around it can be
fun.

..