Old August 27th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_6_]

Default Utah The Canyons

Alan Fried wrote:
"ant" wrote in message
Alan Fried wrote:
Does the bus line go to all the resorts in Park City
as well as in the Cottonwoods. I went online and
could not find much information concerning
bus shuttles.

There's no useful public transport between SLC and PC. There's
various vans, like Canyon Hop, and the airport shuttles (pricey, but
they are there). PC has an excellent town bus system that runs
nights and sundays and everything in between, and it's FREE. SLC has
a reasonable ski bus system, that costs a bit, and a good town bus
system that shuts down on Sundays and contracts horribly at night
(and ceases pretty-much at night).

That sounds correct and is the reason I chose the Super 8 motel. They
arrange shuttle
service to get you to and from the motel and resorts in Park City as
well as the
Cottonwoods.

Sounds like a very useful thing. If you're hell bent on being in SLC, there
was a well-located Super 8 where 900 E joined with Fort Union. Plenty of
shopping, eating and transport right on the doorstep. But something a tad
more northeast might be a better option. Sugarhouse is a good spot, if
you're doing PC and the canyon areas. I don't recall any Super 8s there, but
that doesn't mean there weren't any. The Super 8 on 900 E/Fort Union was
quite busy, a few staff evidently lived in central SL and took the bus I
took pre-dawn... they got off there.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy: