Old January 11th 05, 10:18 PM
Walt

.We all have to share the
space, so live with it and don't complain.

Stop scraping and we'll stop complaining.

It's definitely possible to snowboard without heel scraping.
Unfortunately, too many boarders don't seem to understand this - they
think that because they can heel scrape the steepest slopes in the place
they are some kind of advanced athlete. The truth is that heel scraping
is a novice technique that ruins the snow. Learn to carve, or at least
semi-carve and you'll be welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Note that it's also possible to sideslip on skis and scrape off just s
much snow as a heel-scraping snowboarder. The difference is that a
skier who's sideslipping *knows* he's not really skiing.

--
//-Walt
//