Old April 6th 13, 06:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PipL

Default The changing world

On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 23:05:36 +0100, Michael Chare
mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk wrote:

Whilst trying to book next year's skiing holiday,

What, 2013-14? Blimey. I only book, at most, a couple of months in advance. I
gues that you get a wide choice and the the cheaper places aren't booked up,
though.

I have to say that I haven't booked a full package holiday in four or five
years. Part of the reason is that things have changed for me, a solo traveller
as well.

It used to be the case that a single traveller paid the 'per-peson' rate plus
a supplement. Nowadays, it seems that one is sometimes expected to pay a full
two-person rate minus a discount.

Partly also my habits have changed: I like to take a lot of kit, so driving
makes that possible.
--

Pip