Old March 16th 05, 04:02 PM
lonerider

Can anyone either give me instructions or direct me to a place with
instructions on how to heat mold Salomon liners yourself? I have a

new
pair of Malamutes and don't want to take them in to have it done.

Hi, if you go to groups.google.com and do a search for "molding liners"
and sort by date, you will find some posts Mike made a while back on
how to do it. He basically modified the process for home baking
Thermoflex/Intuition liners
(
http://www.yyzcanuck.com/E_tech_cooking.htm)

Basically bake the liners in a convection oven (uses hot air instead of
heating elements that glow red) 180 F for about 10 mins (I'm giving you
the lower temperate/time ranges he mentioned). Before that put on your
socks and a toecap (this is optional as it just give you more toeroom
you can cut off the toe of a booty or a thick sock). When the liners
are ready, one by one quickly take them out of the over put them into
the boot, put your foot in and strap up the boot. The liners should be
warm, but not hot. Walk around for 15 minutes while they cool and you
should be done.