Old January 15th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default I guess they couldn't get the rights to "Trashmore"

Grinch wrote:
Walt wrote:

Ya know, if I was marketing the most exclusive, opulant, expensive,
over-the-top ski resort to multi-millionaires and the glitteratti,
I would most definitely choose to name it after a
non-descript little molehill in the midwest.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the newest private luxury resort in
North America, Mt Holly:

http://www.mthollyclub.com/

The idea of private ski areas is growing. The Yellowstone Club is open
in Montana and a new area is on the way next to Vail at Minturn.

And many others who have quietly existed for years: The Otsego Club in
Mich, Holimont in NY, Georgian Peaks et. al. in Ontario. But I'm not
sure that it's growing, I'd say the trend is for resorts to go the other
way, e.g. The Homestead.

However, the Elk Meadows/Mt. holly people are off to a very bad start
and there credibility is seriously in question...

Ok. Maybe naming it after a mole hill is the *second* thing I'd do.
The first thing would be to hire a convicted felon to do Customer
Relations work. I mean, if you can't trust a guy who's done time for
bank fraud and is currently facing six felony indictments for securities
fraud and racketeering, who can you trust? I mean, really?

//Walt