Old January 15th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default I guess they couldn't get the rights to "Trashmore"

Walt wrote:
Ya know, if I was marketing the most exclusive, opulant, expensive,
over-the-top ski resort to multi-millionaires and the glitteratti,
hiring Jack Nicholas to design the golf course and Ted Liggity to direct
the ski school, I would most definitely choose to name it after a
non-descript little molehill in the midwest.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the newest private luxury resort in
North America, Mt Holly:

http://www.mthollyclub.com/

Opening sometime this winter. Full page ad in todays WSJ

I believe the ski area was formerly known as Elk Meadows. From what I
have heard, it was a good small area with a lot of potential for
expansion into challenging terrain. However, it was unfortunately
located - too far south to be included in commerce from the areas
further north, and Brian Head siphoned off the traffic coming from the
south.

Any Utah locals ever ski there?