Old January 29th 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default vacation spots

On Jan 24, 5:30*pm, wrote:
On Jan 23, 4:14*pm, "
wrote:

My boyfriend and I started snowboarding 2 years ago and after hitting
all of the small hills in MI and WI, we are ready to head out west.
Any suggestions, even if you know of a website where we can search for
a deal? *We are still beginners, hanging out on blue hills for the
most part, and we want to spend as little money as possible for a
convenient place to stay (preferably at the hill so we don't have to
drive there everyday). Oh and a good night life would be fun! *Let me
know a package deal of some-sort would be nice, we want to go early to
mid March. *Thanks for your help!

It's very difficult to simultaneously maximize all your goals:
*cheap
*close
*lively
*early March

I assume the budgetary objective is the least flexible, so start from
there and then figure out the other priorities so you can determine
how much compromising will be required -- going later in the year,
going to a less apres-oriented resort, or staying farther away from
the action.

Joe Ramirez

I'd suggest the Summit County area of Colorado, which are towns like
Frisco, Lake Dillon area. You can get a hotel there for around $125
or less and from there it's an easy drive to 3 of the top rated places
in the world: Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Vail. You also have A
Basin, Keystone and Loveland. You can hit some of the best and by
not staying slopeside, it won't kill you. There is a good bus system
that you can use, but from a practical standpoint, you're most likely
going to want a car. It's about hour and 15 mins from Denver,
assuming it;'s not rush hour.

Breckenridge has a decent nightlife. I'm sure you can find a lot of
info online. Check out the resort websites and see if there are any
snowboarding competitions, etc that you might want to be there to see.