Old March 31st 06, 07:03 PM

Nathan's analysis sounds logical. Steira would not have been the
first, nor the last, XC skier to draft on her closest competitor and,
if a coach reminded Steira to do that during the race, I doubt that he
would have been the first coach to give that kind of tactical advice
during a race.

I've been under the impression that coaches were on the course to do
more than just say "Go faster!", but maybe I'm wrong.

It is common that the competitor himself set up the tactic for the race, and
follows it according to his shape. I think it is unheard of that a trainer
inerferes in such a way at an adult and experienced level. That kind of
advices are only given at child level, I think.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes