Old April 30th 13, 07:04 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,rec.skiing.nordic

Default Roll your own rollerskis

In article ,
wrote:
I would think you could get much of the muscle development you're
looking for with an elliptical machine (arms, legs), the kind where the
foot pieces can go forward and back, and the forward position allows
being upright or forward leaning. Pedalling backward is really good for
the quads and anyone with a bad knee. Forward gives all around legs
and conditioning. It's not nearly x-c skiing in aerobic demand, and
there won't many long distance like sessions, but it does help a lot.
I use one regularly at the gym, such as for getting race pace intervals
from 3 to 30 mins on the cheap.

Some. I have tried them, but don't like them much for a good many
reasons, including having to hold on fairly hard for balance.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.