Old February 25th 05, 12:01 AM
Waco Paco

lonerider wrote:

Waco Paco wrote:

Neil Gendzwill wrote:

Baka Dasai wrote:

To get my weight over the rear of the board to carve the last part

of

the turn cleanly, I have to avoid rotating my upper body.

I notice watching the soft-boot guys who carve hard, that their

bodies

are usually lined up with their binding angles. I think

over-rotation

of your upperbody and low angles don't mix much.

To the original poster - looks like you're overloading and folding

the

nose on a board that's too short and probably too soft for your

weight.

Fixing your technique to not overload the nose is a good thing but

you

may be getting to be too much rider for that little board.

Neil

Ya, I think I'm noticing that I may be using the board for the wrong
type of riding. It's engineered to be a park/freestyle board not so

much

of a carver. I think it wasn't meant to be ripped down a hill going

at a

high speed. But the board is engineered for 230+ lb riders...

well maybe I'll get a freeride board next

stu

You've never mention how much you weight. The Alibi is a park/pipe
board specific board and the softer flex midflex and the tighter
sidecut (sub 8m) really will tend to force the board into a very tight,
hard turn - overflexing the soft middle of the board at the highest G
part of the turn (3/4 of the carve) and then the board bends too much
to maintain a carve and just digs in). I've had this happen to me on
som ~7.5m softish boards when trying to carve hard on them (Burton
Custom, Prior AMF, Burton Fish). I would suggest moving to a
freestyle/freeride board that that tries allow for both styles of
riding.

I meant to say that I'm 180 lb 5'8"