Old May 14th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Eugene Miya

Default California/Tahoe relocation suggestions?

In article Z3R1i.14322$b67.11920@trnddc06,
klh in VA wrote:
wrote:
I am vaguely considering relocating to some place in Central or Northern
California.

yes but it is hard to find lutfisk there

There is a Norwegian store in Oakland.

although if you go south to solvang, i think pea soup anderson may be
there yet and that was wonderful nordic pea soup for thursday meals

That's Denmark/Danish. That's a bad place to be into X-C or any kind of
skiing (with consistency).

Kingsburg is Swedish.

I've never been to Lake Tahoe or any of the areas between there and

Erik Fair, who wrote most of the transport software we are using, is of
Norwwegian ancestory and lives at Tahoe. It's a very touristy area.

Truly Northern CA has little tourist skiing infrastructure and will be slow
to develop it because of residual logging interests, much lower elevations,
less consistent snow.

You should probably best play tourist before moving.