Old January 26th 15, 12:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default You Can't Make it Up

On 1/25/15 4:13 PM, pigo wrote:
On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 11:50:44 AM UTC-7, lal_truckee wrote:

It's a chance to ski Davos with someone else's money, something we
surely understand.

Really? I don't expect anyone else to pay for my choices to ski or anything else.

Numerous times the DoD and DoE sent me across the continent to DC and I
sneaked in a few ski days stopover in SLC at no travel cost to me.
Although I couldn't volunteer to do any lunch break driving during DC
meetings breaks since my 210 skis would be catercornered in the rental
car. So you taxpayers were paying for my ski trip air fares.

I assume these Davos visitors are equally adept at working the system.
Particularly since each incompetent head of mission has to take a small
squadron of support staff who actually do the work, prepare the
presentations, define the proposals, and complete the agreements, all of
whom are young enough to ski.

Anyway, thanks for the skiing, folks.

Thanks, all.