Old September 3rd 14, 01:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default NOS ski prep

I would say absolutely. Treat them as one would new skis, clean and
prep. Grind will be factory, but that's a lot of time sitting around,
oxidizing a bit and collecting whatever else was floating around the
shop.

Gene

On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 21:43:41 -0500
Bob Schwartz wrote:

One of the kids on our team is the owner of a pair
of new, old stock skis. The model year is, I think,
four years behind the current one. Got a screamin'
deal on them.

These things have been sitting in a shop for a couple
of years. I'm unfamiliar with how skis are packaged
at the factory, do I need to worry about oxidation
having taken place over that amount of time? Should
I scrape them before letting the kid wax them for the
upcoming season?

Bob Schwartz