Old January 12th 13, 08:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr[_4_]

Default Waxing New Skis

On 1/11/2013 6:23 PM, Random45 wrote:
I have a pair of skis that I waxed one time before a race this week. I
lost all my glide after about 5Km and was wondering if there are any
good ways to get the base saturated so that the wax will last longer
besides just waxing it over and over which I don't have the time or the
materials for.

5K isn't much! You sure the snow didn't change to the slow kind?
Hot box soaking is probably the least labor intensive way to fully get
wax into skis, but repeated scrapes are good for removing micro-hairs.