Old April 3rd 09, 01:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
highpeaksnordic

Default Composite Shafts Versus Aluminum

On Apr 2, 7:07*am, ADK Skier wrote:

The question is about rollerski shafts, it seems.

I used to use a small diameter wheel Pro-Ski skate RS w/ the
triangular section shaft and truly did not like them. I have a set of
V2 classic's and have the same complaint - way too much road shock and
vibration transmitted to my feet and legs.

My Aero 125's likely transmit shock also, but the shaft seems softer
and of course, the large diameter inflatable wheels soak up a lot of
shock.

RS poles? I'll never use aluminum poles again, I get almost instant
elbow pain from the shock of impact.

I don't know how they get the price down so low but these wheels are outstanding

I did an extensive search on wheels last fall - there are hundreds of
wheels and suppliers out there, especially the 70-80 mm wheels popular
w/ in-line skaters. Competition keeps the cost of some reasonable.

- Bob