Old April 2nd 09, 03:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Composite Shafts Versus Aluminum

The question is about rollerski shafts, it seems. On the best
pavement, the difference will take a long workout to show, and it may
not be great, depending on your tolerance. As the pavement quality
deteriorates into the typical range, the difference moves up in time.
I've used Jenex aluminum and Marwe composite, and the latter dampens
vibration considerably better. Have the Swenors improved their wheel
wear?

Gene

wrote:

On Apr 1, 1:36*pm, ADK Skier wrote:
Has anyone noticed a significant difference in dampening when using
composite versus aluminum roller ski shafts. Been looking at the Jenex
and Swenor skate models.

i've tried swix alulites for r.s. they vibrate more and also make loud
metallic noise when sliding on pavement. I did not like them