Old April 9th 08, 01:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Boots

On Apr 7, 8:12*am, Christopher Cox
wrote:
Mike M. Miskulin wrote:
Yeah I'm still riding my old Northwaves.. 5 1/2 seaons and
around 250-300 days. *Last year I got a couple of recs
for Burton Driver-X and Vans/32 BOA style boots. *Its sale
time of the year now so I'm ready to look but I'm a little
concerned with some comments I've read about the Driver-X
being poorly made. *With the ever increasing season pass I
really don't want to be dumping dough on boots again in
two seasons so seeking comments on how well any of those
boots have held up for you. *Hopefully you have around
100 days on them.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

I am riding my old Malamutes for over five seasons as well. These are
the black fiber ones with red details/highlights.

I had to pick up some new Malamutes for my son at Nationals as his
Malamutes fatigued and packed out causing arch support pain during the
competition. These are/where the black leather like ones, and where a
little over two (2) seasons old.

I was warned away from Thirty-Two's from fellow competitor. He stated
that while they where stiff and light, he had two pairs in for repair.

I am going to look for some New/Old stock Malamutes.

Chris

I've had the Van Contra, which is BOA for 4 years now. I ride about
12-15 days a season and they are still in excellent shape, original
cables, etc. Extremely happy with them.