Old November 13th 07, 07:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Default Courchevel Child ski-school

On Nov 12, 3:52 pm, LittleRob wrote:
Stan Mullery wrote:
Have you thought about BASS ?

www.britishskischool.com

Minumum of 3 per class, maximum 6.

I used them inLes Getswith my then 6 year old. By day 2 he could
ski all the blue runs inLes Gets. End of the week he was on easy
reds and all the blues in Morzine. Started off a group of four and
two dropped out.

He finished the week Junior Silver Standard.

Stan

Stan

Thanks for the info. The problems with BASS are that:

a) They don't say where in Courchevel they are based

b) The lessons are only 2 hours, so it seems that we'd have barely left
the kids and we'd have to pick them up again. This might be OK perhaps
next year when they can do a bit more, but I think that this year
(especially with a 5 year old) that we really wouldn't get to ski all
that much.

Rob

2 hours is a pretty long time at that age - any more and they are
going to be shattered and far more likely to get the hump and decide
that they hate skiing - which will restrict your ski time even more
longer term...