Old August 16th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mighty Chris

Default Favourite resort & run

Ooh very well said there dude.

I got really lucky once--- I went to university with a french ski
dude. After graduating I planned to spend a winter skiing in Europe,
so I asked him where to go. He said Chamonix for the Off Piste.

I didn't know what the hell Off Piste meant but I figured he knew what
he was talking about.

My first major "Off Piste" experience was skiing the tourist route
down the Vallee Blanche by moonlight on Christmas Eve. It had hardly
been skied yet that year so the front dude was breaking trail. I could
so easily have fallen into a crevasse and died but I was only vaguely
aware of that at the time. We finished and skied back to the village
in time to meet friends in the bar.

Absolutely amazing unforgettable experience.

I have to get back to Chamonix one of these winters...

Chris