Old December 21st 03, 06:18 PM
Terry Morse

Default Lake Tahoe end Mar..beg Apr

Iain Miller wrote:

Lift ticket prices this season: Alpine Meadows: $39. Sugar Bowl: $39.

Still expensive by European standards.

Not as expensive as it was, given the strong Euro/weak US dollar.

Spring is a risky time of year for skiing, especially if you must
book well in advance. Mt. Bachelor, Oregon probably has the most
consistent Spring conditions, as does Whistler, BC (upper mountain).
Tahoe can be great then, too, unless a heat wave descends.

BTW, I skied late March/early April 2002 in North and South Tahoe,
the same time you were there, and I had a pretty good time. There
was no powder, but there was plenty of corn in the mornings. I guess
you have to be able to enjoy Spring conditions.

Donner Summit area, 30-Mar-2002:
http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/trip/t...330/index.html

Heavenly Valley, 6-Apr-2002:
http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/trip/h...204/index.html