Old August 30th 10, 01:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Rockered (or reverse camber) skis ?

On Aug 30, 4:59*am, Evojeesus wrote:
On Aug 30, 2:42*am, pigo wrote:

Unless you're heliskiing a full rocker with normal camber underfoot
should be the better option. Check out Rossi S7's, they have pretty
funky construction. Some people call them "cheater-skis" as it makes
skiing deeper stuff so much more effortless.

How does something totally effortless get *more* effortless? And I
don't heli ski much. I do most of my skiing on pretty good poweder at
Alta and Deer Valley.

Hey old-timer it's more fun to carve the turn inside the snow as made
possible by teh modern skis!

So you stay down in the chest deep the entire time? How do you breath?
That's part of mastering the powder was learning to time your breaths
and being able to clear your goggles with a swipe of the forearm.

I'm not so sure that I don't "carve" the turn at the bottom. I can
feel the skis flex and create the platform. And then, depending on how
much edge I give them points the tips in the direction I want to go,
tight turn or long turn.

I guess I'll decide what's more fun for me. And as long as skiing with
other deep powder skiers in deep powder and making those nice
consistant s's down long lines of the deep is about the most fun a
person can have? I'm sticking with it :-)