Old January 21st 05, 10:48 AM

Default National Masters 2005

It looks like mother nature is going to cooperate with us again this
year. In 2000, when the NM were held in the Twin Cities, we were going
through the same anxiety and frustration with a lack of snow. The races
were saved by a last minute snowfall. It looks like it's going to
happen again this year. An Alberta clipper is aimed right at the Twin
Cities and it looks like we should get at least 6" of snow, possibly
10" today. We are about -20" of normal for total snowfall so far this
winter.

Race organizers purposely picked the last week of January, both in 2000
and 2005 because of the history of having the best groomable snow for
the whole winter in the Twin Cities.

So, make your travel plans and sign up for the races. We are all
excited to be your hosts this year!

www.nationalmasters.org and www.skinnyski.com for conditions.
Greg Fangel