Old January 24th 05, 06:28 AM
Janne G

My wife is a beginner skater who is pushing a bit too hard to become an
expert... so she has developed major pain in the lower back after
skiing during the New Years. It goes away when she is warmed up and
skiing, but it always comes back when she is done. Anything like this
happenned to anyone? My experience shows that physical therapists don't
know much about XC skating here in NYC area... so I dont' really know
where to look.

If her leg (one of them not both) get "numb" or get som "stick" fealing
in it or have moaning pain in one of the "buttlocks (name?)", go to a
doctor and just say ischais nerve to him/her and they know the rest.

Otherwice it sounds like local overtraining of some of the lower back
muscles. Take a break from skiing and do other things for some days.

Janne G