Old March 6th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Walt

Default Cheap Utah loadging/lift ticket recommendation for snowboarding

Jolly_O wrote:
On 5 Mar 2007 06:58:56 -0800, wrote:

Also, the ski bus runs only once out of SLC
on weekday mornings, and twice on weekend and holiday mornings (8 and
9 a.m.).

While there are few bus runs out of downtown SLC, I think that there
are frequent runs out of areas like Sandy. The full schedule for the
ski bus can be found at:

http://www.utabus.com/schedulesAndMa.../byCounty.aspx

Taking the bus from the entrance to BCC or LCC canyon up to the slopes
is pretty painless. Trying to take a bus from anywhere else means
limited service and transfers. Yes, it can be done, but it's a PITA.

I'd recommend getting a cheap rental car and driving. You don't need an
expensive 4WD SUV. It almost never snows in town, and if the road up
the canyon is closed to non 4WD vehicles, just park at the bus stop and
take the bus up the hill.

//Walt