Old March 5th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Walt

Default Cheap Utah loadging/lift ticket recommendation for snowboarding

wrote:
On Mar 4, 10:00 pm, Jolly_O wrote:
I am planning on going on a snowboarding trip to Utah in mid-late
March. I was wondering if anyone knows of any cheap loadging/lift
ticket combo (or separate) deals from Salt lake city? I have heard of
superpass.

The Superpass is a combination lift/ski bus voucher for any one of the
Cottonwood Canyon resorts (Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, Solitude) which
can be bought at many of the hotels. You turn it in at the ticket
window of the resort, and get a "real" pass. I stayed at a Best
Western, and they had the passes for the four canyon resorts. It was
$50, and was a good deal - even includes the tram at Snowbird.

There are better deals than the Superpass -
http://www.canyonsports.com/tickets.html

Similar deals are available at most sporting goods stores and grocery
stores. There's a store right at the entrance to Big Cottonwood Canyon
that has more or less the same deals as Canyonsports.

Don't know about lodging packages, but there are lots of inexpensive
motels around Sandy/Midvale. If you're really into saving money, stay at
the Residence Inn and cook your meals in the kitchenette.

//Walt