Old March 9th 06, 12:29 AM

In article ,
Sue wrote:
In message , Christine
writes
Technically speaking, you'd suffocate, not drown. Happened years ago

There's no difference unless you survive only to succumb to the
aftereffects of having water enter your lungs.

drown |droun| verb [ intrans. ] die through submersion in and inhalation of
water : she drowned in the pond | | ( be drowned) two fishermen were drowned
when their motorboat capsized. b" [ trans. ] deliberately kill (a person
or animal) in this way : he killed his wife then drowned himself in a fit
of despair.

suffocate verb die or cause to die from lack of air or inability to breathe
: [ intrans. ] ten detainees suffocated in an airless police cell.
| [ trans. ] she was suffocated by the fumes.
-have or cause to have difficulty in breathing : [ intrans. ] he was
suffocating, his head jammed up against the back of the sofa | [ trans. ]
you're suffocating me- I can scarcely breathe | [as adj. ] ( suffocating)
the suffocating heat.
- figurative feel or cause to feel trapped and oppressed : [as adj. ]
( suffocated) I felt suffocated by my marriage.

Sloppy sloppy! Care to retract?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."