Old October 7th 03, 02:41 AM
Vinnie

check my other posting cali-boy, you californicators don't have the market
cornered on 'correctness' either. "It is not a tooomah, it is Los Angeles"
(soon to be the next sound-bite from your governer).

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
MoonMan wrote:

In ,
B. Cooke typed:

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Bob Lee wrote:

avalung and inflatable balloon backpack thing are debatable items.
Hey, how about an avy-rescue dog? Those are handy.

Too funny... Every once in a blue moon I ski with my roomate; his
Husky is quite proficient as a rescue dog (or so I've been assured).
Problem is: the damned thing hates me, so I doubt its utility.

Sorry to be an ignorant Brit, but what is a 14ner, apart from a very
succseful conker?

A 14ner is one of the 14,000 foot peaks in the contiguous United States.
(I believe "contiguous" is part of the definition - usually the Alaskan
and Hawaiian 14,000+ peaks are not included? Correct?)

BTW Collyradicans misbelieve that they have cornered the market on
14ners, and so assume when speaking of 14ners - as usual, they are
incorrect.