Old October 2nd 03, 09:02 PM
Tommy T.

"Gary S." wrote Some do Mount Washington in NH by driving to a trailhead
at 3000 feet,
and going up Ridge of the Caps to Jefferson, and then over to
Washington. Is this "cheating" over starting at 2600 feet (Ammanoosuc
Trail) or 2200 feet (Pinkham Notch)?

Well, you sent me to my maps. I maintain the Tuckerman Crossover Trail and
visit it three time a year, always hiking up and often visiting the summit.
I've started at 1300 ft at Appalacia to the North and right at 1000 ft on
the Davis Path to the South, in addition to those you've mentioned and a lot
more.

Tommy T.