Old September 2nd 03, 07:10 PM
BrritSki

Default Why Is Austria Skiing Dirt Cheap For USA Right Now?

David Off wrote:

Ian Spare wrote:
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 22:24:02 +0100, Sue wrote:

But you wouldn't call a place a "station de bagnade" if it had only a
beach, would you? You'd expect hotels, a promenade - all the facilities
of a seaside/lakeside resort.
Isn't it the place with two lifts and a cafe that doesn't deserve to be
called a "station"?

I assume you mean baignade ?

Sorry, I don't understand. In French we do use the terms station de
ski and staion de montagne, the fact we don't say station de baignade

No, it is 'station balneaire', but you need to know when and when not to
use the expression.

I go to one of those when I want a whale of a time....