Old January 18th 05, 09:06 PM
Edog

Dmitry wrote:

Puzzling... I'm not a Baker boy, but I spend half of my riding days

there.
If anything, for Baker,even on powder days, I want a shorter board.

Too
much steep tree runs, really narrow chutes and bump fields that I

simply
can't miss to have a long board. For powder days, it'd be nice to

have a Fish
or something reeeeally wide but still reasonably short (like 27+cm

waisted
board). For the rest of the days, I'd want something still reasonably

wide,
with really tight freestyle-like sidecut, with very good edge grip,

not too stiff,
but light and strudy. I just can't imagine what I'd be doing at

Baker with a
big board.

I am basically with you except where you say "even on powder days". A
160 cm often does O.K. for me on potatoes, but anything lighter and I'm
sinking. What was wonderful about the Glissade 168 was that it rode
like a considerably shorter board in the crud (trees, bumps, chutes
etc.) and since I'm not going home at noon on powder days, the board I
bring must go both ways (bi ?). So I'm looking for a 164+ which is
quick, holds an edge, but can cut a sharp carve. Something to dance
through the crud, not bulldoze (so boards like the Ride Timeless are
out of the question). Really, I want my Glissade back but that is not
happening.

So... Mr. Edog, what the hell are you doing there on a long board?

I'm
really interested to know - your riding style, what runs are your

favorite, etc..
I'm heavier and taller than you (165lbs, 5'11"), and yet I have a

completely
opposite idea of what's a good board for Baker.

No we are not that different, just skining the cat from different ends.