Old July 8th 03, 08:15 PM
bdubya

Default Sierra Club sells out!!

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 13:23:47 -0600, IdaSpode
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 13:12:36 -0500, bdubya
wrote:

IRKurt wrote:
CLIP not to mention catastraphic environmental devastation caused
by avalanches!

Wow, you guys are serious! I'm gonna join up. We have to do something
about Mother Nature abusing the wilderness! Do you think we should
picket, or just lock the old Babe up?

Y'know, I'm thinking of those wildly massive avalanche fences that
festoon the mountain faces above so many villages in the Alps. Maybe
we need some of those in the backcountry?

Nah, we just need to get Congress to repeal the Law of Gravity.

(snip)

Er, please note that this is crossposted to an alpine skiing group,
wherein such a suggestion is anathema of the sort that merits BURNING
AT THE STAKE!!!!

bw