Old February 8th 13, 09:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Ben Kaufman

Default Wet Snow

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 11:22:22 -0000, "Neil" wrote:

I have been out a couple of times in the last week on melting snow,
temperature +3C. I used Blue extra and it worked very well much to my
surprise. I have used Rex Klister tape and it can ball up on soft sow. On
icy corn snow that tape it can work well and last 2-4 days,

"gr" wrote in message ...

On 2/3/2013 8:30 PM, Ben Kaufman wrote:
On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 12:55:22 -0500, gr

wrote:

On 1/30/2013 8:05 PM, Neil wrote:
I would tend to agree with you, fish scales or noisy and slow. and I
have had the experience of them balling up in wet soft snow. However,
I'm sure you always get the wax right but I don't but I tend to ski with
companions who use fish scales. It is difficult to ask them to stop all
the time while you fiddle with your waxes. By the way what are rock
skis?

Swix liquid F4 goes a long way to stopping the fish scales from
gathering clumps. I solved the "getting the grip wax right" problem by
using Start Grip Tape (self adjusting to temperature -4F to ~30F (and
maybe higher)).

Do you know if the grip tape be put over warn out fish scales?

Ben

Don't know, might work ok, but not smooth.......... hmmmm........ if you
sanded most or all the fishscale off, it would work rather nice I think.

Thanks.