Old February 2nd 13, 06:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

Default Wet Snow

gr wrote:
On 2/1/2013 9:54 AM, Ben Kaufman wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 01:05:24 -0000, "Neil" wrote:

SNIP
By the way what are rock skis?

Wow, you must come from a place where the snow is really good! :-)

(I saw gene already answer you question, so I can kid around).

Ben

I think he is in Norway, the land of endless snow. I am in Rochester, NY
the land of endless teases about snow--- looks like yet another lake
effect storm missed us.

If you are talking about me, I am indeed in Norway, this weekend (like
most winter weekends) in Rauland, Telemark.

Yes, this is probably one of the nicer places in the world if you're
into xc skiing...

Take a look at http://visitrauland.com/ !

(We had the HelteRennet here today, several family members took part: A
little windy but bright blue skies, -5C and perfect tracks for everyone.)

OTOH, Oslo where we spend the rest of the week ins't really that bad
either, with something like 3-4000 km of properly maintained xc ski
trails, a few hundred of them lighted at night.

Terje
- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no