Old September 1st 11, 05:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default VT skiers

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 12:49:36 -0400, VtSkier wrote
this crap:

On 09/01/2011 12:42 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 12:24:24 -0400, wrote
this crap:

On 09/01/2011 09:52 AM, Walt wrote:
On 9/1/2011 8:48 AM, VtSkier wrote:
On 09/01/2011 07:56 AM,
wrote:

I live in Michigan. We don't get hurricanes, earthquakes, mudslides,
tsunamis, forest fires, or volcanoes. We get snow storms which you
call blizzards and an occasional tornado. Our biggest fears is Asian
carp, and government spending.

True enough, but you also don't have mountains to speak of.

Actually, we do have mountains to speak of: Mt Trashmore, Boyne
Mountain, Crystal Mountain, Schuss Mountain, Mt Bohemia, Pine Mountain,
The Porcupine Mountains, the Huron Mountains, etc.

The thing is, most are just mountains "to speak of". Calling them
mountains doesn't make it so. Although the Porkies and the Hurons are
big enough to qualify as mountains - small mountains, but mountains
nonetheless.

//Walt

Mount Trashmo I rest my case.

And I do agree, the UP does have nice mountains.

Mount Arvon

Baraga County, Michigan, USA

Elevation

1,979 ft (603 m)

About half the height of Killington. What's the base elevation?
Killington is actually about 3000 feet high as measured from
the base.

L'Anse Michigan is at 620 feet. That makes it about 1300 feet.
Not bad for a Midwest mountain. The U.P. gets plenty of snow so it
would be a great ski area but it's too remote.

You have no idea how remote the U.P. is. I once went to a place it
takes two days to get to. Seriously, you can be anywhere in the
continental U.S. in 24 hours, except the U.P.

BTW, I'm watching the news about how bad the destruction in Vermont
is. I'm supervised that there's no Hooters in Vermont. Well then,
nothing really got damaged.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.