Old January 21st 04, 02:22 PM
John Moore

Default new skis require a different skiing style?

On 20 Jan 2004 18:03:52 -0800, (Goldenset)
wrote:

I was informed that these carvers are best used when
feet are should width apart rather than that smooth and cool looking
way of keeping the boots together (which I'm still trying to work
on!). Is this true? Today's carvers are most effective when there's
some space between the skis.

You won't find universal agreement on that. Two highly influential ski
instruction gurus, Lito Tejada-Flores and Harald Harb, both emphasize
the importance of keeping your feet close together, and it's a major
plank of Harb's Primary Movements Teaching System. Check out the
little animation on he

http://www.harbskisystems.com/olk1.htm

John