Old January 21st 04, 01:03 AM
Goldenset

Default new skis require a different skiing style?

I just bought some Atomics R:8's w/ Atmoic R:3.10 bindings and new
Salomon Xwave 8.0 boots to replace my almost 10 year old Dynastar 4.1
and Lange boots. I was informed that these carvers are best used when
feet are should width apart rather than that smooth and cool looking
way of keeping the boots together (which I'm still trying to work
on!). Is this true? Today's carvers are most effective when there's
some space between the skis.

I did take them for a run for the first time this weekend and there
was a big difference in carving, though I wonder how much of that is
just me (or the boots also) since I'm starting to pick it up again.
But I wanted to validate this statement if it some of you have noticed
it to be true. That'll help me gather some info when I take a lesson
the next time I'm at the slopes in 2 wks or so.