Old May 28th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Elan Vector 157

On 28 svi, 13:44, Christopher Cox
wrote:
First off, the priority of things:

Boots - Bindings - Board

In that order. I ride almost $300 boots on a piece of $%#@ $100 board
and "Do O.k.". I own a $900 board, but have more fun on my piece of &%^$.

That being said, the only info I am finding on the Elan Vector indicates
that it might be a little stiffer than most. Elan rates it as a
freestyle board which indicates it should be soft. ????

http://www.the-house.com/9856tsve7zz...nowboards.html

Hmmm, $149 New.

Looks like pretty standard mass manufacture construction. It has a
extruded base which will probably be soft.

Hmmm, but that's some 24/7 mark...

This one is like this... http://www.emarket365.com/uploaded/479830786.jpg

(I don't know is there any difference...) :S

And you say I should choose in "Boots - Bindings - Board"
order...? :S

Damn, how could I know which one's right for me? How much should I
give for good and quality boots and bindings...?

And do you say that the board is not that important as boots and
bindings...? :S

Damn, I'm such a newbie!! :S