Old February 19th 04, 02:23 PM
MH

"MattB" wrote in message
Monique Y. Herman wrote:
On 2004-02-11, Charlie Crabb penned:

Great stuff! Notice how well you ski the single blacks and advanced
intermediates after this. And it's great that the fun factor
triumphed. These slopes can be brutal. I have not skied A-Basin,
but it's on my list.

Heh. Shortly after the double-black, I belly-flopped after getting my
tip caught on the top of a tree on Powder Keg (black). Ow! So I
don't know about skiing them any better ...

I find it a lot easier to catch an edge or hook a tip as the terrain
flattens out once you've gotten a little used to a steeper grade. The
flatter terrain requires more edge control (more angulation) and a more
defined lead change than on steeps. I've been bitten by that many times. I
ski steeps all day and feel pretty good about myself and then on the more
gradual slopes heading back to the base I'll make some kind of rookie
mistake and eat it. It's even more of a problem (for me) when I'm on the
hippie sticks.

Matt

Also, for me, I find that on the steeper slopes I'm more focused on my form
and tend to get a bit lazy when it flattens out. I fell flat on my tush on a
really flat area last Saturday. It's a good lesson to never get sloppy with
my form.

Martha