Old March 10th 06, 05:50 PM

Marty wrote:

http://www.eurosport.com/alpineskiin...to847992.shtml

"Double Olympic speed champion Michaela Dorfmeister, who will retire
after next week's finals in Are, Sweden, started for fun in the slalom
but failed to qualify for the second leg after losing nearly six
seconds on the leader."

That's a von Gruenigen! But was she wearing her mom's old Austrian girl
scout uniform when she did it?

This is really interesting. Think about how talented you have to be in
order to be a threat in ALL events on the WC. Anja, Janica, Bode,
Beni,

Has he ever won a speed event?

Daron (even though he does not ski the SL),

....so not _all_ events. But your point stands. I think I'd add Kildow
and Mancuso to that list, provisionally.

... These athletes
are really quite amazing. Could Michaela focus more on her SL and get
faster? Sure. But her speed events would suffer a bit.

The fact that she could even get through the course in a WC slalom at
her age is pretty impressive.