Old December 5th 05, 06:35 PM

"Lew Lasher" wrote in message
news:X1Vkf.4673$6Z5.2809@trndny02...
In northeastern Canada, the best chances of early-season snow (maybe 67%)
are Parc de la Gatineau (which you went to already),
Mt-Tremblant/St-Jovite, and possibly Val-Morin/Val-David (i.e., Far Hills
Resort), possibly Mt-Ste-Anne. And, of course, Camp frigging Mercier.

Foret Montmorency, next to Camp Mercier, has been open since early November.
Camp Mercier have enough snow but will only open next week-end. Both places
are about 30-40 miles north of Quebec City, a nice place to visit or dine
out in the evening : )

In the Townships, Mont Megantic will also open next week-end, but it is not
really a place I would ski with a kid. It's up up and up and then down down
down. Mont Orford was open for the last 2 week-ends, with limited trails
where you'd better use your rock skis. I don't think north of Montreal is an
option right now. Maybe a good idea is to keep checking this map of snow
depth and decide as late as possible :
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fea...ow/indexQC.htm

BarryT

Foret Montmorency is at : http://www.fm.ulaval.ca/default.htm